Monday, January 18, 2010

An "Interview" with Debut Director, Lenny Lees










The interviewed...and the...um...interviewer...


Richard Feelix: Hello NCTC fans! My name is Richard Feelix and I’m joined today by the sensational, beautiful Lenton Lees.

Lenton Lees: Aw, thanks Mr. Feelix.

Richard Feelix: My pleasure! Are you by any chance single?

Lenton Lees: Utterly and completely!

Richard Feelix: A good looking beast like you? I am quite surprised!

Lenton Lees: Me too, Feelix. Me too.

Richard Feelix: Now, let’s get straight to the beef! “What The Butler Saw” will be your director debut at the NCTC! Are you nervous?

Lenton Lees: Nervous? A little bit. I have assisted directors a few times at our theatre and I was the director, writer, producer for a teen acting group called “AMP” for a few years. But this is my first time to have the minds of the NCTC actors to mold all by myself! Trust me, Feelix. There is going to be some hardcore mind molding!

Richard Feelix: Your hands look very mold-worthy, that’s for sure.

Lenton Lees: You know it!

Richard Feelix: Now, what is “What The Butler Saw” about? This isn’t a very popular show and sadly people won’t come see it because they don’t know the name.

Lenton Lees: That is foolish. If you only see shows you have heard of before you’re going to miss out on a ton of exciting things! Imagine this, what if you only talked to people you have heard of before? Then you might miss out on meeting me and I am amazing!

Richard Feelix: That you are, Lenton. But still, you’ve yet to explain the show.

Lenton Lees: Of course, my bad. I don’t want to spoil it, but What The Butler Saw is a British comedy about a man who tries to seduce a young woman who applies to be his secretary. His wife catches him, so he lies his way out of it. Add a blackmailing page boy with some nude pictures of the guy's wife, a power hungry government official, a dim-witted police man, and you’ve got yourself one crazy, goofy, exciting show! If anyone is a fan of Monty Pythons they will LOVE this show.

Richard Feelix: Just by the sound of those characters it sounds like it’s going to be a crazy, adult oriented show.

Lenton Lees: It is intended for an older audience but it isn’t too bad. There is no cussing or nudity. I think the comedy aspect makes it worth viewing with any age group. I’d bring my kids if I had kids, but I’m still single so I have a ways to go.

Richard Feelix: Blows my mind why’d you still be single, you are gorgeous.

Lenton Lees: Thanks Feelixnator.

Richard Feelix: What about the cast? You’ve got some veterans and some newer folks to the stage.

Lenton Lees: Oh man, I love my cast! If I was put on a island in the middle of nowhere I would surely pick my best friend Justin and Sam Wall to come with me… but I’d miss my cast while I was out there! We’ve got Trey Stephens, you’ve seen him in NITWITS I’m sure. The short bald guy? That’s him! Chaz Ferguson has been on the NCTC stage in many productions. He blew the roof off the theatre in this summer's production of “A Midsummer Nights Dream”! He was the guy in the donkey head! HILARIOUS! Jennifer Sovick has graced our stage in the past. Her voice sung in harmony with the angels a few years back as she was the lead in “Pirates of Penzance”.

Richard Feelix: Ah yes, she is spectacular.

Lenton Lees: Brian Walsh plays our adorable, dumb police officer. He has been part of M.A.S.H. and Zombie Prom just recently. Very funny, a little creepy, but so funny! Then we get to the newer folk! Ann Kohen is a veteran actor throughout this fine country and I am lucky enough to be able to give her the very first NCTC experience of her life!

Richard Feelix: It’s great to have new people in our theatre.

Lenton Lees: Best part about her… real British accent!

Richard Feelix: Bazing!

Lenton Lees: Bazing it is, Feelix.

Richard Feelix: Does she finish off the cast?

Lenton Lees: No my good friend. Randy Drake plays our perverted, mean, grumpy government official. Randy Drake was part of Spencer Jordan’s acting class a few months back. He was part of a preview show where he played the lead male role in “Down the Road”. He did a great job, you can imagine my excitement when he came a walking through those doors!

Richard Feelix: Impressive!

Lenton Lees: I needed it. We had a hard time getting this show together. We had fourteen people come to auditions, ten of them for the part of Mrs. Prentice!

Richard Feelix: Wow, I feel sorry for you. I guess you had to “settle” for some actors, huh? I bet they’re terrible.

Lenton Lees: Oh no! They are amazing! Once I put the word out that I needed some actors Trey, Jennifer, and Scott answered the call! I call them my little superheroes. I think I am in love with them.

Richard Feelix: Scott? Scott Pollack?

Lenton Lees: Oh yes! I almost forgot. Mr. Scott. In this version of “What The Butler Saw” I wrote in a new character. He is an old, British narrator. I thought of the oldest looking person I knew but sadly Rick Olsen was too busy to accept the role so I went with Scott Pollack. Great guy. He’s doing a fantastic job.

Richard Feelix: Wow, you wrote in your own character. I must say I am impressed.

Lenton Lees: Yes siree. My little brother (Daniel) and I wrote this part to give the play a new approach. You’ll love it.

Richard Feelix: I don’t doubt that, Lenton. I already love it!

Lenton Lees: Let me tell you, Richie Fix. The ONE reason people should come see this.

Richard Feelix: Please do.

Lenton Lees: If I had one thing I could tell people it would be that this show will brighten your day! This show will make you think about all the crazy, hectic stuff you go through and will make you be able to just laugh it off. The best quote comes from something my little broskee has always told me, I think this sums up the show best of all! “If you can’t learn to laugh, you’ll NEVER get over it!”

Richard Feelix: Fantastic! Thank you for your time beautiful, funny, talented Lenton Lees! What The Butler Saw begins January 29th at 8:00 PM! I can’t wait to see it!

Lenton Lees: Can’t wait to see you there, Feelix!

No comments: